The complexities of doing business as a nonprofit have never been greater. With significant experience in the nonprofit sector, Lumsden McCormick is uniquely qualified to help exempt businesses operate more effectively in today’s demanding climate of increased regulations, growing competition and shrinking resources.
Widely regarded as having the most extensive and diversified nonprofit client base in Western New York, our partner-led nonprofit service team provides prompt service and unparalleled expertise in this area. Drawing on our in-depth knowledge of all sizes and types of nonprofits, we customize our efforts to meet each client’s unique needs. While many CPA firms serve nonprofits primarily to keep busy during the “off-season,” we have a dedicated team that focuses exclusively on nonprofit organizations throughout the year. Additionally, we keep organizations up-to-date on current industry developments with our Firm e-newsletter, an annual exempt conference, a bi-annual salary survey and continuous personal attention, as well as access to the BDO USA Alliance Nonprofit Standard blog [http://nonprofitblog.bdo.com] and quarterly newsletters.
Our nonprofit services include:
Audit and assurance services
- Accounting systems, policies and procedures
- Audits, reviews and compilations of financial statements
- Consolidated fiscal report (CFR) certifications
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Forecasts and projections
- Internal audits
- Operations (efficiency) and internal control audits
- Single audits (OMB A-133) and Yellow Book audits
- Single Audit Data Collection Form (SF-SAC)
- US Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) program audits
- Corporate taxation
- Federal and state tax audits
- Form 1099 series filings
- Forms 990 and CHAR500
- Sales tax reporting and compliance
- State and local tax issues
- Tax credits and business development incentives
- Unrelated Business Income Taxes (UBIT)
- Alternative investments
- Bonding and other financing
- For-profit subsidiary corporations
- Fraud prevention, audits and investigations
- Initial formation and exemption applications
- Institutional investing
- Rate reimbursement
- Salary surveys and benchmarking
- Software selection and support
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- AICPA Government Audit Quality Center
- Member of the Center for Public Company Audit Firms of the AICPA
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- Association of School Business Officials (ASBO), State and Local Chapter
- BDO Alliance USA
- BDO Alliance USA’s Institute for Nonprofit Excellence
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO)
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Not-for-Profit Organizations Committee, State and Local Chapters
- Governmental Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Health Care Committee
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB)
Exempt Organizations Conference
Every fall, Lumsden McCormick sponsors an Exempt Organizations Conference featuring local and national experts presenting on a variety of pertinent industry topics. Visit our Events page for more information.
Bi-Annual Nonprofit Salary Survey
Lumsden McCormick publishes the region’s leading nonprofit salary survey. We invite you to download the 2012 Western New York Nonprofit Salary Survey, or visit the nonprofit salary survey page for more information.
Wednesday, June 13, 2018
Revising your approach to customer service may seem like reinventing the wheel, but as buying trends, technology, and culture change, so must your methods of interacting with customers.
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
It's often more a question of when rather than if a not-for-profit will face a crisis. And when it comes, your board needs to be well-equipped to deal with it quickly and decisively. This article explains the qualities needed for leadership during such times and outlines … more
Tuesday, June 12, 2018
Do Forms 8282 and 8283 sound familiar? If not, your nonprofit may be neglecting to file required forms about donations or to obtain required forms from donors.
Friday, April 28, 2017
For the third year Brisbane Consulting Group has been honored at AccuFund's annual conference.