Villages, counties, cities, educational institutions, school districts, fire districts, public authorities and quasi-governmental organizations no longer simply serve their community; they must be in compliance with complex regulations while remaining transparent and accountable to the public.
Lumsden McCormick works with more than 100 government-related entities providing expert advice, answering questions and assisting with practical solutions to complex issues. Our CPAs who work on government audits receive a higher level of government-specific continuing education as required by our membership in the AICPA Government Audit Quality Center and U.S. Government Auditing Standards. Our professionals are actively involved in associations and committees, making them extremely well qualified to address concerns unique to the public sector. Our affiliation with the BDO Alliance USA brings additional industry resources to our repertoire of knowledge and expertise.
Our extensive experience with numerous New York State Public Authorities gives us remarkable insight in serving this specific governmental sector. We are familiar with New York State’s Public Authorities Accountability Act (PAAA) and can offer valuable expertise in how to maintain compliance with its complex accounting and reporting requirements.
Our government services include:
Audit and assurance services
- Accounting systems, policies and procedures
- Audits, reviews and compilations of financial statements
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Federal Transit Administration National Transit Database Report
- Forecasts and projections
- Internal audits
- Operations and internal control audits
- Report on compliance with Section 2925 (3) (f) of the New York Public Authorities Law
- Single audits and Yellow Book audits
- Single Audit Data Collection Form (SF-SAC)
- Form 1099 series filings
- Property tax cap requirements
- Sales tax reporting and compliance
- Fraud prevention, audits and investigations
- General ledger consulting
- Public Authorities Reporting Information System (PARIS)
- Risk management
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- AICPA Government Audit Quality Center
- Member of the Center for Public Company Audit Firms of the AICPA
- Association of Government Accountants (AGA)
- Association of School Business Officials (ASBO), State and Local Chapters
- BDO Alliance USA
- Government Finance Officers’ Association (GFOA)
- National Association of College and University Business Officers (NACUBO)
- NYS Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPAs)
- Public Schools Accounting Committee
- Governmental Accounting and Auditing Committee
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB)
Every fall, Lumsden McCormick sponsors an Exempt Organizations Conference featuring local and national experts presenting on a variety of pertinent industry topics. Visit our Events page for more information.
Bi-Annual Nonprofit Salary Survey
Lumsden McCormick publishes the region’s leading nonprofit salary survey. We invite you to download the 2012 Western New York Nonprofit Salary Survey (PDF) or visit the Nonprofit Salary Survey page for more information.
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. When it comes to cybersecurity, the weakest link could be any one of your employees — which is why establishing cybersecurity policies and staff training are critical.
Monday, March 20, 2017
Comprehensive, well-administered benefits are a competitive necessity in today’s business environment.
Monday, February 27, 2017
One of the keys to managing operational risk is well-trained personnel at all levels. After all, no matter how carefully a business designs its policies, procedures, and controls, they’re only as reliable as the employees entrusted to implement them.