Employee Benefit Plans
Employers offer a vast array of benefits such as medical, pension and profit sharing arrangements to attract and retain quality employees and maintain a competitive advantage; similar benefits may also be provided pursuant to a collective bargaining agreement. However, Department of Labor, Internal Revenue Service and other regulatory agency requirements related to these benefits are often confusing and complex, and noncompliance may result in unforeseen penalties and unexpected repercussions.
Lumsden McCormick’s many years of providing services to all sizes and types of single and multi-employer benefit plans have afforded us exceptional expertise in providing audit, tax and consulting services to clients in this specialty area. We are proud to be a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants’ Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center which subjects us to stringent continuing education requirements while providing valuable resources and a community network to assist in meeting the challenges of employee benefit plan audits and related services.
Our employee benefit plan services include:
Audit and assurance services
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Limited scope plan audits
- Form 5500 Series annual reporting requirements
- Department of Labor and ERISA regulatory compliance
- Plan accounting systems, policies and procedures
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- Member of the Center for Public Company Audit Firms of the AICPA
- BDO Alliance USA
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB)
Friday, June 9, 2017
On June 1, 2017 the New York State Department of Financial Services announced the amount of the weekly contribution rate for employees pursuant to the New York Paid Family Leave Act (PFLA).
Thursday, June 8, 2017
While you're enjoying the warmer weather, don't become complacent about business and personal tax planning. Here are 10 hot summer tax-planning tips that combine tax planning with summertime fun.
Tuesday, May 23, 2017
Here’s the skinny on receivables ratios, including how they’re computed and sources of potential benchmarking data.