Lumsden McCormick represents some of the largest auto dealerships in New York State. We have decades of experience working with auto dealers and can assist with specialized issues such as LIFO inventory calculations, cost segregation, cash flow and succession planning. With years of experience and a broad client base we are able to benchmark client operations and demonstrate comparisons with others in terms of gross profits, advertising costs and IT expenditures.
Our team of experienced service providers stays current on industry developments through our active participation in several industry organizations. Lumsden McCormick is a proud member of the BDO Alliance USA Dealer Industry Group, which gives us unique insight and access to information on issues that impact dealers. We also support the Niagara Frontier Automobile Dealers Association (NFADA) and Rochester Auto Dealer’s Association.
Our auto dealer services include:
Audit and assurance services
- Accounting systems, policies and procedures
- Audits, reviews and compilations of financial statements
- Employee benefit plan audits
- Forecasts and projections
- Operations and internal control audits
- Corporate taxation
- Cost segregation studies
- Federal and state tax audits
- Hybrid credits
- Individual taxation
- International taxation
- LIFO (last in, first out) inventory strategies
- Multi-state nexus and taxation
- Sales tax reporting and compliance
- State and local tax issues
- Tax credits and business development incentives
- Tax planning
- Business valuations
- Cash flow analysis
- Forensic accounting, litigation and valuation
- General ledger consulting
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Strategic planning
- Succession planning and business structure
- Warranty and rebate claim reviews
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- AICPA Employee Benefit Plan Audit Quality Center
- Member of the Center for Public Company Audit Firms of the AICPA
- BDO Alliance USA
- New York State Society of Certified Public Accountants (NYSSCPA)
- Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB)
Monday, April 3, 2017
The inherently great features "the cloud" offers doesn't always guarantee you’ll get a good return on investment unless you proactively make the most of it's use.
Monday, April 3, 2017
Inventory is a prime target for fraud schemes, second only to cash, and it doesn’t always involve the physical theft of items. Here are some early warning signs that your inventory has been targeted.
Wednesday, March 22, 2017
A chain is only as strong as its weakest link. When it comes to cybersecurity, the weakest link could be any one of your employees — which is why establishing cybersecurity policies and staff training are critical.