Beginning January 2021, Lumsden McCormick is now using Suralink.
What is Suralink?
Suralink is a web-based application that combines a file portal, request list, and workflow features. Each request has a status of outstanding, fulfilled, accepted, or returned. Each request holds files uploaded by both parties, comments, responsibility assignments, and a full activity log. To upload files and fulfill requests, simply drag and drop files from your computer onto the correct request.
Why Are We Using Suralink?
Suralink provides a much more transparent and efficient way to request and receive information. It allows all of our requests to be in the same place, visible by everyone involved, and updated in real-time. Suralink adds an additional level of clarity and organization to the information collection process, and provides you with the easiest way to upload files. As a result, for larger engagements that include a large volume of information requests, we will now be using Suralink instead of Portal.
Is Suralink Secure?
Suralink’s data in transmission and data at rest is encrypted with AES-256 bit encryption (the same as online banking). Data is backed up on a daily basis and Suralink servers are housed in SSAE16 Type II SOC1, SOC2 compliant data centers. Users can protect their account with optional Two-Factor Authentication. For more information on security, visit their website: https://www.suralink.com/security
Getting Started Is Simple
First, you will receive an email invitation for the system (email@example.com). Next, set your password and view the unique request list for your engagement. Finally, to fulfill a request simply drag and drop a file from your computer onto the request line item in the list. It links and attaches to the request, and the firm is notified. Suralink supports any file type and any file size. Providing documents has never been easier.
Once you are logged into Suralink, we would appreciate your assistance with the following in order to make this new process successful:
- Please provide the names and email addresses of other employees you would like set up in Suralink. These would likely be employees from which we typically receive requested information.
- We will set them up in Suralink and send over the setup email from Suralink Support (please note, we can limit their access to specific files as necessary)
- Alert these employees that we are switching to Suralink for the upcoming engagement and to check spam folders if they do not receive the setup email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Please review the instructional screen that appears when you first log into the software. There are also two short online videos of approximately two minutes (basic) and three minutes (additional information) in the tutorials section in the software, which is on the bottom right-hand corner of the webpage. We find the software to be pretty simple to use, but if you want to watch the short video(s), they might help you navigate it when you first begin to use it.
For More Information
- Click here for a Suralink tutorial guide
- If you have any questions, you can reach out to Suralink support at email@example.com